Sometimes you have noticed that your site is showing default plesk page.
If you check the contents of the site, you will able to view all the contents for this. However the site shows default plesk page when accessing it.
- Default Plesk page
index.htmlis present in the document root directory of a website.
- Site was suspended.
- Domain is resolving to incorrect IP address.
- Webserver is misconfigured.
welcome.conf file is present in /etc/httpd/conf.d
- Default binding port in Application pool is not set.
- If default plesk page “index.html” is present in the document root directory of your website, then remove the file.
Caution: Please make sure you are deleting the correct index.hmtl file of plesk, otherwise if you delete the index file of your site, then the site will not load.
- Check that the domain is resolving to correct IP address using dig or nslookup utility . Example, check DNS records/resolution of the domain using Google public DNS.
# nslookup domainname.com 220.127.116.11
- Make sure your domain is not suspended. You can verify this by following Home > Subscriptions > example.com > Websites & Domains
- Make sure Apache configuration does not have welcome.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d (for Linux server). However this generally have no significance of the above issue.
If you have checked all the above things and confirmed that everything is fine. Try the last step, this will definitely fix the issue.
- Reconfigure the domain.
Use the below command to reconfigure it:
> For Linux:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain domainname.com
> For Windows:
"%plesk_cli%\\repair.exe" --reconfigure-web-site -web-site-name domainname.com
- For Linux: Ensure that Apache config does not have welcome.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d
- Set default binding in Application via IIS, if it is not set.
Access your IIS program and then select the domain name and right click on it and click on Binding and then click on Add Site Binding.
If you still face any issue regarding this, feel free to comment in the below box. I will be more than happy to assist you.
My name is Shashank Shekhar. I am a DevOps Engineer, currently working in one of the best companies in India. I am having around 5 years of experience in Linux Server Administration and DevOps tools.
I love to work in Linux environment & love learning new things.
Powered by Facebook Comments